Huwebes, Hunyo 21, 2012

My 2-Day Visit to Bohol


I have always dreamed of traveling to different places here in the Philippines and that dream was finally realized last April 30, 2012. My first destination: Bohol, Philippines! Bohol is located in the islands of Visayas just beside the eastern part of Cebu. This island has long been known for its landmark, the Chocolate Hills. I never really had the chance of appreciating the place until I set foot on this majestic place.

It was May 1st when I went there together with some friends. It was a funny experience because we rode a van and sadly, the van was really crowded (though the barker said it wasn't). I didn't really want to ride there but I am left with no choice because that van was the last trip going to our destination for that day. I was seated near the door of the van. I was scared that if the van's door would accidentally open while in motion, I would really fall off the road but I had to erase such thought since there's a law namely, Law of Attraction. Instead of thinking of the misfortunes, I took the advantage of being near the window and just enjoy the view. I started counting carabaos since in the place where I came from, I only get to see a few of their kind. I was really amazed because I have seen 18 carabaos within the duration of our travel from Tubigon to Carmen. I bet there were more carabaos since I only counted those that were found on the right side of the road. If you don't know what a carabao looks like, just refer to the image below.


During the trip, Mildred and I were not able to stop ourselves from shouting out loud our amazement of the first hill we've seen. I didn't expect that to see a hill would make me get so amazed. I don't know why we had that reaction, but really, everything is just so amazing when you see them face to face.

                                                                         

One of the places we've visited aside from the chocolate hills was the Sagbayan Peak. Sagbayan peak shows the view of the chocolate hills. It also has playground where kids could play, a butterfly dome, a restaurant, and life size statues of some famous cartoon characters. The view in Sagbayan peak is really nice. During the night, you will get a full view of the city lights of Cebu City. I have also visited the Baclayon Church and it's museum. Baclayon church is one of the oldest churches in the Philippines established by the Jesuits. In the museum, you will see many antique religious relics from the chairs that priests used to their old sotana, from old bibles to statues of saints that give me goosebumps. You will also see the crowns of the Sto. Nino both big and small. Taking pictures were not allowed inside the museum. Inside the church, you will be amazed with it's paintings on the ceiling. As I gazed upon it, I remembered the Sistine chapel.


We have also visited the Butterfly Garden. Well, there are butterflies. I can't tell too much about this place because I'm not really fond of butterflies. :)

What makes my 2-day visit to Bohol memorable is that, the place is really very green. It has continued to preserve and conserve its natural beauty despite the urbanization it faces. I will really go back to Bohol to visit their beaches and to see the tarsiers (i missed seeing this little creature due to the lack of time).

Aurevoir Bohol!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento